Tuesday, February 07, 2006


my fourth honda civic

i seem to have a special affinity for the honda civic. my first two honda civic cars were used cars; i was not the original owner in both cases. the first one was a blue 1970 honda civic with the registration plate ey9750t. my second honda civic bore the plate sbe9733. i bought a brand new civic for a whopping sum of $102 000 in 1998. the third civic carried the registration plate scr2092. i drove it for nearly five years before trading it in for my present honda civic which cost $87 000.

when we bought the present car, we did not go for any test drive at all. we went to kah motors, looked at the display car and told the salesperson that we wanted to book a similar car. it is not like i have a lot of faith in honda. my previous car - although i liked it more than the present one - did go to the workshop for serious faults more than once. guess i am one of the old faithfuls who prefer to stick to the same brand, in spite of its blemishes.

but my first car was not a honda. my very own first car was a second-hand colt galant. we had it for a few months before we decided to discard it for a new daihatsu charade. the charade served us very well. it took us all over peninsular malaysia. we drove it all the way to penang and kelantan and countless times to melaka and kl.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ivy said...

I thought the blue honda's number plate was EY9750T???

7:27 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home